Auctions with both online and public bidding (Spring, Fall, Heureka and Local Auctions)
1. The auction is public and voluntary and will be held at the location stated in the auction catalogue, either in Oslo or Haugesund. Unless otherwise stated, there will always be more than one consignor to the auction.
2. All bids are final, and the bids must be placed in NOK. The highest bid for any given item will win the item. Bidding above or below asking price is allowed. Bids less than 90% of asking price will not be noted. Under some circumstances some items might have a reserve bid, stated in the catalogue with ‘limit’.
3. Bids are accepted by mail, telephone, e-mail or online. All bids by mail or telephone must be received by us no later than 1 hour before the auction, to ensure registration. Online bidding is open during the auction and bids placed until the item is announced in the public auction will normally be registered. However, there might be technical errors, Skanfil therefore recommends submitting your online bids well in advance of the auctions’ starting to avoid disappointment. Auctions are available for bidding online approx. 3-4 weeks before the auction date.
4. Bidding is conducted using the following increments:
NOK 1-100 is increased by NOK 5.
NOK 101-300 is increased by NOK 10.
NOK 301-500 is increased by NOK 25.
NOK 501-1,000 is increased by NOK 50.
NOK 1,001-5,000 is increased by NOK 100.
NOK 5,001-10,000 is increased by NOK 200.
NOK 10,001-20,000 is increased by NOK 500.
NOK 20,001-50,000 is increased by NOK 1,000.
NOK 50,001-100,000 is increased by NOK 2,000.
Above NOK 100,000 bids are increased by NOK 5,000.
5. Adjusting bids. The item is normally sold to the bid one interval above the second highest bid. In cases where there are only 2 equal bids, the item is sold to the bid first received. If there are several written bids above asking price, the starting bid will be adjusted to one increment above the next highest bid. Example: Asking price NOK 300. There are two bids, one at NOK 325 and one at NOK 550. The bidding will then start at NOK 350, which will also be the winning bid unless another bid is placed.
6. You must be 18 years or older to place a bid.We accept offers from individuals younger than 18 with written permission from parents or guardians.
7. Commission bids. In the case of bids on behalf of others, the bidder is responsible for ensuring that the Terms and Conditions of purchase are met.
8. The auctioneer may reject bids or dismiss individuals from participating in the auction or bidding at their discretion. Furthermore, they may retract, regroup, or split items or lots. In the event of a disagreement during the auction, the auctioneer may announce a new bidding round, or decide which of the bidders will win the item (cf. §11 of the Auction Act).
9. Settlementmust be in cash or credit card, unless another arrangement has been agreen upon.
10. Credit. Customers who are Skanfil associates or regular customers, without outstanding payments in arrears, will be able to have items shipped with an invoice. Payment deadline is within 14 days of invoicing.
11. New customers who are unable to collect their lots at one of our locations should expect to have the items shipped after they have paid the pre-payment invoice. Likewise, regular customers who do not meet the payment deadlines should expect to have the items shipped after they have paid the invoice. Items that, at the buyer’s request, are set aside to be picked up at one of our locations, must be picked up within a reasonable period, and no later than two weeks after the auction date.
12. Coverage Sales. If payment for an item has not been settled within 30 days after the invoice date, Skanfil reserves the right to sell the item at the buyer’s expense without further notice. In that case, the original buyer is held responsible for lost commission and reduced sales price, as well as costs in connection with any debt collection and interest. Interest rate for late payment is 1% per commenced month.
13. Complaints and Returns must be made by e-mail to email@example.com within 14 days of the items’ being shipped or picked up, and no later than 1 month after the auction date. Complaints must be based on significant errors in the description or defects that were not visible in the image, in the catalogue or online. It is impossible to describe a large collection using only a few sentences, hence deviations of up to 20% must be expected on the stated number of items and values. Viewing the item in advance is recommended, however, if you do not have the opportunity to do so, it may be to your advantage to call us to get an in-depth description via telephone or see additional images. Used items must be expected to have normal wear and/or traces of aging and are therefore sold on an ‘as is’ basis.
14. Certification. If items are to be certified by an expert, this must be agreed upon prior to the auctions’ starting. Complaints about items that have already been certified are only accepted if written statements from two recognized experts that deviate from the original certificate are provided.
15. Fees at 23% will be added to sales prices. Items marked with (*)) have an added 5,75% VAT for Norwegian customers. Furthermore, art with a sales price above NOK 2,000 has an additional 5% artists’ fee.
16. Shipping. Skanfil ships items purchased at our auctions. The items are primarily sent as letters or service parcels through Posten. Large items (above 35 kg) or particularly bulky items will be shipped through Bring. We charge regular shipping costs according to Posten/Bring in addition to insurance costs. Minimum shipping is NOK 50. An added NOK 100-500 for packing and handling will be added for large items and items requiring special handling or packaging. If you wish to pick up your auction lots at one of our locations other than the auction location, all lots sent to that location will have their associated shipping costs divided by the total cost of internally shipping them. In this way, you will pay the minimum possible price for picking up your won auction lots at the location of your choosing. This is usually around 50% of the price of direct shipping. Minimum costs for pick up is NOK 25. Please contact us if you want an estimated shipping price prior to bidding. Please provide the item number as well as your address information. Pick up at the auction location is free. For international shipping: please see separate information on international shipping.
17. Claims Deadline. After 2 months from the auction date, no claims of any kind can be made against the auction house or the consignor in connection with sold lots.
18. Acceptance. At the time of placing a bid, whether written or in the auction hall, the bidder is considered to have read and accepted our Terms and Conditions.
19. Haugesund is the venue in case of legal disputes.