Eastern Auctions Ltd.
P.O.Box 250, Bathurst N.B.
CANADA E2A 3Z2
For our overseas customers please use these numbers.
Phone : 1-(506)-548-8986
Fax : 1-(506)-546-6627
Eastern Auctions has a staff of 16 full-time employees and 6 part-time, making us Canada's largest stamp auction firm. Our Public Auctions specialize in Canada, Newfoundland and the Provinces, but we also regularly feature United States and British Commonwealth. Our Mail Auctions cover the world, and include over 3,000 lots per sale from single stamps to entire collections.
Stamp collector since the age of 5, Gary Lyon started in the philatelic business just after completing his studies. In 1975 he was admitted to The Institute of Chartered Accountants. For many years he managed an accounting firm, as well as his philatelic business. With the growth of Eastern Auctions his time is now completely devoted to the stamp world. His two businesses are well known worldwide by dealers and collectors.
Mail Auction - Terms and Conditions
- All Lots are sold to the highest bidder at a slight advance over the underbidder.
- The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot at our discretion on which bidding fails to reach a reasonable level.
- Successful bidders will be notified of lots allocated to them and must remit before lots are sent. Persons known to us may have lots forwarded immediately. Payment must be made within ten days after receipt of notification. Postage, insurance registration, etc. are extra.
- If a lot is described incorrectly, the buyer has the option of returning the lot. This must be done within forty-five days of the auction by security registered mail. The lot must be intact, in the same condition as received with lotting labels. The reason for the return must be clearly indicated on the invoice or a copy thereof.
- Canadian residents will be charged GST or HST as appropriated for their mailing address.
- Canada and Provinces catalogue values are from the current Unitrade Canada Specialized catalogue. All other countries are catalogued and numbered by Scott Worldwide Volumes (Prices in US dollars) unless indicated MI (Michel) or SG (Stanley Gibbons) or VD (Van Dam). An "Est" indicates estimated net selling price in Canadian dollars.
- The placing of a bid shall constitute acceptance of the foregoing terms of sale.
- American customers are invited to bid in US or Canadian dollars.
- Billing is done in Canadian funds, Americans will be given the discounted total in US funds also. US resident paying with Visa will be billed in US dollars.
- This firm is a subscriber of the ASDA Code of Ethics for Auction firms.
- It is possible that Stamp Auction Network (SAN) underbids may become the winning bid at auction close. This is due to the implications of “Limit” and “or” bids.
Public Auction - Terms and ConditionsBIDDING
|$10 - $50||$2.00|
|$55 - $130||$5.00|
|140 - $300||$10.00|
|$325 - $750||$25.00|
|$800 - $1,500||$50.00|
|$1,600 - $3,000||$100.00|
|$3,250 - $7,500||$250.00|
|$8,000 - $15,000||$500.00|
|$15,000 - $30,000||$1,000.00|
|$30,000 - $75,000||$2,500.00|
|$75,000 - OVER||
Key to Cataloguing Symbols
|Used||PPC||Picture Post Card|
|S||Sheet||VLH||Very Lightly Hinged|
|BP||Booklet Pane||DG||Disturbed Gum|
|UL||Upper Left||SE||Straight Edge|
|UR||Upper Right||Spacefiller||Denotes serious fault|
|LL||Lower Left||FFC||First Flight Cover|
|LR||Lower Right||FDC||First Day Cover|
|CDS||Circle Date Cancel||CTO||Cancelled to Order|
|VG||Very Good||#1-10||Complete Set|
|XF||Near Perfect Centering||#1/10||Incomplete Set|
|F+||Perfs well clear of design||SON||Socked on Nose Cancel|
|F-VF||Fine to Very Fine||E||Estimated Value of Lot|
The Highlands Collection of British North America - Part Two and General Sale with British North America, Canada, Classic Stamps, Modern ...
The Highlands Collection of British North America & Worldwide, British North America, Specialized New Brunswick Postal History, ...
General Sale featuring British North America, Canada Pence & Cents, Postal History from Pence Era to Admirals, Specialized Collections ...
Rarity of the People's Republic of China, Collections British Commonweath, North America. Rarity from Canada.
Worldwide, British North America, The Hugh Westgate Collection of British Columbia, Canada including Specialized 1897 Diamond Jubilee. ...
Numerous British Commonwealth lots with emphasis on British West Indies, Great Britain and Scandinavia. Worldwide section with the ...
International Sale with Strong section Canada and territorries as well as many lots and collections. Highlight of the auction is the " ...