Contract and terms of usage for the Philasearch.com portal
The portal www.philasearch.com is offering individuals the possibility to place bids on auctions run by contractors of Philasearch or purchase goods at fixed prices. Should you be interested in one of these possibilities you will have to register as a user in advance. By registering you acknowledge and accept our terms of usage.
By checking the respective box during your registration you accept the following conditions and enter a contract with Philasearch.com GmbH, Lindenweg 1, 63877 Sailauf (CEOs Franz Fedra, Wolfram Eisert, Walter Christ, registered at the Aschaffenburg district court, HRB: 7960) in order to use the website.
You may revoke the above contract within 14 days and without specific reasons in plain text (e.g. letter, fax, e-mail). The term will come into effect upon delivery of this disclaimer in plain text, however neither prior to the conclusion of this contract nor prior to the fulfillment of our information obligations according to German civil law (Art. 246 § 2 acc. § 1 par. 1 & 2; § 312e par. 1 sen. 1 acc. art. 246 § 3). To revoke your contract the posting date is relevant. Please direct your revocation to Philasearch.com GmbH, Lindenweg 1, 63877 Sailauf or via e-mail to email@example.com.
Your right of revocation will expire prematurely if the contract is completely fulfilled by both parties, upon your express request, before you have exercised your right of revocation.
You may terminate the user contract at any time by written notice to the above address. Any complaints should be directed to the above address as well.
Terms and Conditions of Use
I. Use of the platform
1. PhilaSearch enables registered internet users (‘User(s)’) to place bids in auctions of PhilaSearch partners, be it prior to or during a pending auction, or bids for purchasing a fixed price item, via the internet. PhilaSearch only acts as a platform for these purposes, not as a representative of User. It is expressly agreed that, in the event of a successful bid, a contract is entered into only between User and the PhilaSearch partner at the respective PhilaSearch partner’s terms and conditions. The partner’s terms and conditions are displayed on the screen immediately prior to the placing of a bid and must be specifically accepted by User.
2. Registered PhilaSearch Users can use the PhilaSearch website only within the limits of the current state of the art. Technical disruptions in the power supply or transmission network, hardware or software failure, capacity shortage, safety or service related interruptions may impair availability. PhilaSearch offers no guarantee for the timely receipt of a bid by the auctioneer.
3. The use of the PhilaSearch services by registered Users is free of charge.
II.Registration, personal details
1. To register with the portal, User has to complete a form. The data requested in the form shall be provided completely and truthfully by User, comprising first name and surname, the current address and telephone number, the date of birth, a valid email address and, where applicable, the firm name. User shall notify PhilaSearch without delay of any changes in the required data as may occur after the registration.
2. User shall truthfully provide the data required for the registration. PhilaSearch reserves the right to deactivate Users whose data are incomplete or obviously incorrect, or Users who have obtained a registration by technically bypassing the registration form.
3. PhilaSearchPhilaSearch will transfer the personal data stated on the registration form to the relevant partner hosting the auction or offering the fixed price item for which User has placed a bid. The PhilaSearch partner has the right to object to the registration of a User by notice to PhilaSearch without stating any reason. If any such notice of objection has been given PhilaSearch will delete the registration and inform the User using the email address indicated on the registration.
4. User’s consent to the aforementioned or any other use of User’s personal data will be obtained separately, where required. A registration without the required consent is incomplete and will be rejected.
5. The registration will be confirmed by PhilaSearch.
III. Warranty, liability
1. Since no contract concerning the sold items becomes effective between PhilaSearch and User upon the placing of bids in auctions or for purchasing fixed price items from PhilaSearch partners, PhilaSearch expressly points out in this context that PhilaSearch issues no warranty and accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of the information provided in connection with the items offered by the PhilaSearch partner.
2. PhilaSearch accepts unlimited liability for damage caused by intent or gross negligence. For any breach by ordinary negligence of an obligation whose breach puts the achievement of the contractual purpose at risk or whose fulfillment is essential to the due and proper performance of the contract and on whose fulfillment User could reasonably rely upon (‘essential obligation’), the liability shall be limited to foreseeable damage characteristic for the contract; any compensation of indirect losses, especially lost profits, shall be excluded in such cases. This limitation shall not apply in the event of injury to life, limb or health. PhilaSearch accepts no liability for a breach by ordinary negligence of accessory duties that are not essential obligations. PhilaSearch accepts liability for events of initial impossibility only if PhilaSearch was aware, or ought to have been aware but for gross negligence, of the circumstances barring performance, provided this does not concern an essential obligation. This shall not entail a reversal of the burden of proof to User’s disadvantage. Any exclusion or limitation of the liability of PhilaSearch applies also to the personal liability of the employees, staff, representatives and vicarious agents of PhilaSearch.
IV. Governing law, severability
1. These General Terms and Conditions including the Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by the substantive laws of Germany to the exclusion of the UN Sales Convention, provided User is a business. If User is a consumer, these General Terms and Conditions including the Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by the laws of Germany except where opposed by mandatory legal provisions, especially consumer protection laws.
2. If any provision of these General Terms and Conditions is invalid, nothing in this shall prejudice the validity of the remaining provisions hereof. Any invalid provision shall be deemed replaced by a legally valid provision which accomplishes, as closely as possible, the economic purpose and intent of the invalid provision.