Philately - Books
Via M.Buonarroti, 46
41058 Vignola (Mo)
Tel. (+39) 059 771 251
Tel. (+39) 059 764 106
Fax (+39) 059 760 157
Vaccari PHILATELY, specialised in Italian and foreign philately, classics and rarities, ancient and modern postage stamps, letters and postal history, acts mainly net price and public auction sales.
It has been in both home and international markets since 1977, and places its tradition and experience at the service of the philatelic collecting world. It pays particular attention to the «real market» situation to grant the services it offers. Among them, consultation to start collections or to make them more valuable for exhibitions, proposals of items particularly suitable for investments (short, medium and long term), direct purchase and/or sale or return for any kind of items to be introduced in the periodic sales, evaluation purchase promise for transfers, inheritances, findings.
For some years Paolo Vaccari, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Vaccari s.r.l., has been working together with the British Library in the listing of the Italian part of the famous Tapling Collection.
All material sold by Vaccari s.r.l. is granted original and it is accompanied by the signature Paolo Vaccari and/or expertise and guarantee certificate.
Wir akzeptieren folgende Zahlungsmöglichkeiten
VaccariAUCTION TERMS OF SALE
Last update May 2018
The following conditions (“Terms of Sale”) shall apply to the sale of products (hereinafter simply the “lots”) that VACCARI S.r.l., with offices in Via M.Buonarroti n.46, Vignola (Mo - Italy), e-mail email@example.com, ph. +39 059771251, fax +39 059760157 (hereinafter also simply the “Vendor”), sells through the catalogue “ASTA PUBBLICA - PUBLIC AUCTION” (Modena Police Offices Authorization of 13/4/2018) and for which the “Customer” may send bids to VACCARI S.r.l., through the website identified by the domain name www.vaccari.it (the “Website”), or by viewing the lots in the sale catalogue “ASTA PUBBLICA - PUBLIC AUCTION”.
- For orders placed through the Website, by clicking on the checkbox “I accept” in the order summary section, the Customer confirms that he/she understands and agrees to these Terms of Sale in their entirety. In the event these Terms of Sale are not accepted, no product may be ordered from the Website.
Before sending bids, by sending the order form, the Customer is required to carefully read the Terms of Sale, and to print and save a copy for his/her personal records. After carefully reviewing the order, the Customer must agree to the Terms of Sale and acknowledge that he/she is placing an order with an obligation to pay (in case of knocking-down in his/her favour), by ticking the box “I accept the General terms of sale and I am aware that this is an order with payment obligation” in order to confirm his/her complete and binding acceptance of the Terms of Sale and then click on the button “send your order” to proceed with the sending of his/her bids.
- For orders placed by other means, by sending the order the Customer acknowledges that he/she understands and agrees to the following Terms of Sale in their entirety.
- The order form will be stored in the Vendor’s database for the amount of time it takes to process the order and as required by law.
2) WHO CAN MAKE PURCHASES
Purchases may only be made by:
(a) persons of legal age,
(b) persons with the legal capacity to enter into contracts.
If the Customer is a minor or is not legally permitted to enter into a contract, a parent or legal guardian must enter an order and agree to these Terms of Sale on that individual’s behalf. Any order made in violation of this provision shall be null and void.
3) PERSONAL DATA
- When placing an order the Customer will be requested to provide valid and up-to-date personal information, including his/her name, address, post code, tax code (compulsory for amounts over euro 3,600.00) and e-mail address for the execution of the contract.
- Upon completion of the order process the Customer will be asked to provide further personal information, including shipping address, billing address, tax code (if required), and payment details.
- The Customer warrants that all personal information provided is true and correct.
4) DESCRIPTIONS OF LOTS
All lots are guaranteed to meet the descriptions contained in the catalogue “ASTA PUBBLICA - PUBLIC AUCTION” and on the Website. The description of the lots is effected with the greatest care and in good faith, stating, for most of them, their quality and/or the postage stamp quality. Most lots have been reproduced in colour (also on the Website) and the reproduction is integral part of the description. Any defect is clearly described even though not stated in the expert certificates included. The numbers in parenthesis at the end of each description indicate the Vendor references.
5) MINIMUM PRICE AGREED
In the description of each lot in the catalogue “ASTA PUBBLICA - PUBLIC AUCTION” the reserve - or minimum price agreed - is expressed in euro.
Bids below that price will not be taken into consideration.
6) TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BIDS
NO REQUESTS FOR BIDS ONLY BY PHONE WILL BE ACCEPTED: it is necessary to send the order via post, fax, e-mail, internet (secure server).
- By sending the order the Customer sends to the Vendor his/her bid for one or more lots that the Customer has placed within the order. The Vendor reserves the right to refuse any order for reasons of expediency. The Vendor may also refuse, reject, or cancel an order in the event of pending litigation relating to the payment of a previous order, or if it deems that the Customer has violated the Terms of Sale, or for other legitimate reasons.
- Upon receipt of the order sent via e-mail or the Website by the Customer, the Vendor will send the Customer, via e-mail, confirmation of order receipt.
- REFERENCES: Customers not known to Vaccari S.r.l., in order to make their bids accepted (above all for phone bidding), should send reliable philatelic and/or bank references and they should send, together with the order form, copy (both sides) of identity document.
7) HOW TO TAKE PART
- Mail bids can be sent via post, using the order form, fax, e-mail, internet (secure server), and should be received by the Vendor not later than 5 p.m. (local time) on Friday 22 June 2018.
- In any bid, rounding up will be effected at the euro unit - NO DECIMALS.
- No complaints due to mistakes or negligence in filling written bid-forms will be accepted.
- NO “upon examination” bids or open choices between different lots will be accepted.
- During the public auction, the Vendor will bid on behalf of the Customer up to the maximum bid indicated by the Customer.
- From the Website: after selecting a lot and digiting the bid, click the “hammer” to add the bid in the shopping basket. The Customer may then send additional bids for other lots and add them to the cart or proceed to check out by clicking on the button “proceed to fill personal data”; it is also possible to remove one or more lots from the cart.
- From the catalogue: after selecting one or more lots, the Customer must send the order form found inside the catalogue or on the Website, via post, e-mail or fax.
TELEPHONE BIDS (recorded)
- It is possible to take part in the auction by telephone, upon request received not later than 5 p.m. (local time) on Friday 22 June 2018, for the following kinds of lots:
1) single lots with starting price from euro 1,000.00;
2) more lots with starting price sum from euro 1,000.00;
3) single or more lots with starting price lower than euro 1,000.00 only by way of exception.
Points 2) and 3) might be excluded.
- Demands will be examined and accepted according to the Vendor unobjectionable decision (also depending on the likely return).
- For those who take part in the auction through telephone connection, the Vendor is not responsible for any problem occurring before or during phone bids.
- Lots for which a telephone bid has been requested are considered to be RESERVED AT THE STARTING PRICE (except when higher bids are indicated).
- In case of telephone connection problems, the Vendor will bid on behalf of the Customer up to the maximum bid indicated by the Customer.
AUCTION ROOM BIDS
- Those who will take part personally at the auction must register, on the same day of the public auction, by the secretary’s office in the auction room. They will be given a numbered paddle to be used for bidding during the auction.
- It is possible to take part in the LIVE BIDDING auction, through a third parties site reached also from Vaccari site, upon registration and approval not later than 5 p.m. (local time) on Friday 22 June 2018.
- For those who take part in the live bidding auction, the Vendor is not responsible for any problem occurring before or during connection.
- Lots will be sold to the highest bidder. Lots that will receive a single bid, even if higher than the reserve price, will be knocked at the starting price. The knocking-down will be at one step more than the lowest bidding received as follows.
up to euro 600 = euro 20
euro 601 - 1.500 = euro 50
euro 1.501 - 5.000 = euro 100
euro 5.001 - 15.000 = euro 500
over euro 15.000 = euro 1.000
Example of knocking-down: lot X minimum price euro 350.00; first bid euro 375.00; second bid euro 420.00; knocking-down at euro 395.00.
- In case of equal bids for the same lot, the one received first takes precedence.
- Bids sent by mail take precedence over the ones in the auction room.
- At the end of the auction, all Customers will receive confirmation of their purchase or the notice of knocking-down not in their favour via e-mail or post. In case of knocking-down and payment by cash on delivery or credit card, all necessary notices and information will be provided together with the delivery of lots and payment.
9) PURCHASE PRICE
- THERE ARE NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES FOR COMMISSIONS and final bids are VAT inclusive.
- In case of shipping to foreign countries, Italian tax regulations will be applied. In case of shipping to non-EU countries, only for some lots it is possible to split out VAT (on demand a list with details relevant to the lots of interest is sent to the Customer) and, if it is the case, VAT and other import charges are to be paid by the consignee according to the regulations in force in the country of destination.
10) BILLING, COLLECTING OF LOTS AND SHIPPING
- Following the knocking-down of lots, the relevant invoice or equivalent document which includes the relevant taxes will be issued to the Customer at the address where the lots are sent.
- Collecting of lots. Customers can collect their lots personally by Vaccari S.r.l. seat, at the sale or later (only upon appointment).
Postal charges. To the knocking-down price only delivery charges (unit package) will be added. They include packing, shipping and insurance (no splitting out) covered by Lloyd’s London against theft or loss for the total amount up to destination.
• euro 15.00 - POST - INSURED LETTER
ordinary/cash on delivery - up to 1 kg - business days 3-5
• euro 15.00 - EXPRESS COURIER
ordinary/cash on delivery - up to 10 kg - 48-72 hours
• EXPRESS COURIER 24 hours - up to 1 kg
euro 25.00 - ordinary - euro 35.00 - cash on delivery
• euro 20.00 - REGISTERED LETTER A.R. up to 1 kg
ANY COUNTRIES - business days 4-7 Europe - 7-10 USA and any other countries
• EXPRESS COURIER up to 1 kg
euro 25.00 EUROPE EU, USA, CANADA - 24-48 hours
euro 30.00 any OTHER COUNTRIES - 48-72 hours
- In case of shipping not included above and for bulky lots, to any destination, delivery charges will be added at cost + a small amount for packing and insurance.
- Shipping to Italy has traceability guaranteed and delivery from Monday to Friday, only working days. For shipping to foreign countries by POST, there is traceability only up to the Italian border.
- For shipping by COURIER, CONTACT PHONE NUMBER is mandatory (e-mail address recommended) and delivery is NOT possible to a Post-Office Box.
11) TERMS OF PAYMENT
- Payment, to Vaccari S.r.l., must be effected only in EURO, even for purchases outside Italy (NO other currency accepted), as follows:
a) when collecting lots, directly at the auction and/or by Vaccari S.r.l. seat within 10 days from the auction date upon appointment (then payment will be in advance);
b) in advance within 10 days after receipt of notice of allocation (by e-mail and/or post); shipping of orders with payment IN ADVANCE will be effected upon receipt of payment note by the bank/post account (generally 1/2 working days);
c) within 10 days from receipt of the material, for Customers who have been authorized.
- Resellers shall transmit their VAT number and FISCAL code (L.248/06).
- CASH: payment by cash for Italian citizens (when collecting lots at the auction or by Vaccari S.r.l. seat or at the exhibitions), according to the regulations in force, is allowed only for amounts lower than euro 3,000.00. For foreign citizens, regulations in force are applied notwithstanding the above.
- Payment should be effected as follows:
1) CASH ON DELIVERY - only ITALY - payment on delivery by cash or cheque made out to Vaccari S.r.l. (only for couriers) - amounts up to euro 500.00
2) CREDIT CARD (maximum euro 10,000.00) circuit VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, DINERS and POSTEPAY - please send your data by post or fax using the order form, or via the internet site (secure server)
IMPORTANT: for the safety of your data it is NOT POSSIBLE by TELEPHONE or e-mail.
NON-regular Customers, for the safety of credit card transactions, should send, together with the order form, copy (both sides) of credit card and of identity document.
3) BANK transfer to BANCO BPM S.p.a. - bank branch of Vignola (Mo)
BIC/SWIFT BAPPIT21408 (foreign countries)
4) transfer or on-line draft to the POSTAL ACCOUNT no.11894417
BIC/SWIFT BPPIITRRXXX (foreign countries)
5) bank/post cheque - NOT NEGOTIABLE - made out to Vaccari S.r.l. - only ITALY and only REGULAR Customers
6) PAYPAL - only for PAYPAL ACCOUNT owners (maximum euro 10,000.00)
For the AUCTION, Customers who have a PayPal account can choose this method of payment in the bid-form but they will NOT be asked for AUTHORIZATION TO DEBIT their account until the end of the auction (there is a lapse of time between bidding and knocking-down and it is not possible to know the amount to be paid, if it is the case, before the auction). At the end of the auction, Customers will receive the NOTE OF ALLOCATION by e-mail with the exact amount to be paid in order to proceed with payment by PayPal and then the REQUEST FOR PAYMENT by Vaccari S.r.l.
The customer’s PayPal account will be debited with the total amount of the auction lots purchased, AT THE MOMENT OF THE REAL PURCHASE AT THE END OF THE AUCTION and only with the amount to be really debited (lots really purchased and relevant shipping charges).
For Customers authorized to pay after receipt of the items, PayPal payment can be effected directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deferred payment. The Vendor can arrange for payment to be effected by instalments for amounts higher than euro 500.00, provided that they are agreed before purchase (the Vendor may ask for sound guarantees). The maximum period is of 12 months and the rate of 4% yearly will be added.
- Any unpaid material is subject to retention of ownership. Thus the transfer of ownership and delivery for such material shall only occur when payment is received in full.
- In case of non-payment within the agreed terms (within maximum 30 days from the sale, excluding deferred payments agreed), the Customer will lose claim rights considered at point 13.
- The Vendor shall deem the contract terminated and any partial payments will be withheld as a penalty for non-fulfilment of the agreement. The Vendor avails itself of the faculty of starting legal action to recover its credit, being entitled to damages and refund of relevant expenses. Until full payment of the amount due is made (including any charge and penalty), the Customer guarantees the Vendor with the purchased material. The Vendor is authorized (but not obliged) to sell the material above mentioned, without any formalities or notices, if the Customer is in arrears in making payment or does not satisfy commitments.
13) GUARANTEE AND CLAIMS
- The Customer may send any complaints and requests for information to the Vendor at the following address: Via M.Buonarroti n.46, Vignola (Mo - Italy), ph. +39 059 771251, e-mail email@example.com, fax +39 059 760157.
- No claims will be accepted after 60 days from the auction sale date.
a) Besides initials or expertises the lots with the indication “P.V.” or “P.Vaccari” or “Paolo Vaccari” and with a return over euro 500.00 (excluding those formed by different items) will be accompanied by a free certificate with expertise and guarantee Vaccari S.r.l. For single items signed by Paolo Vaccari but with a return lower than euro 500.00, the price of the certificate is euro 50.00 VAT included. For lots without any indication “P.V.” or “P.Vaccari” or “Paolo Vaccari”, please do not ask for Vaccari S.r.l. certificate.
b) Customers have full right to apply to philatelic trusted Experts in order to verify what they have acquired. Material which is found not to correspond to Vaccari S.r.l. description can be returned within 15 days from shipping date, upon telephone notice. The items returned should be accompanied by minimum two expertises contrasting with Vaccari S.r.l. description, written by philatelic experts still in activity, to be sent within 30 days from items shipping date. On the website some descriptions have also been translated into English. Anyway, the Italian text is the one to be considered for the above. The total amount will be returned where payment has already been made.
c) No complaints will be accepted for:
-lots formed by different items not described individually;
-lots in the sections (where present) “varie”, “lotti e collezioni”, “letteratura”;
-lots described as “voluminoso”, “qualità mista”, “si vende senza reclami”;
-lots examined on the occasion of the auction, by one or more philatelic experts still in activity, on behalf of one or more Customers.
d)Extension. The Customer who wants to have an expertise different from the one indicated in the description of the lot (at his/her expense) must request it in the bid form or send a written request by 1 p.m. (local time) of the day before the auction. The Vendor has full right to accept or refuse the request. Should the request be accepted, the Customer will have to pay the lot following the regular procedure and will have 30 days from shipping date to return it, according to the indications for claims at point b.
- The Vendor avails itself of the unobjectionable faculty of joining, dividing or withdrawing any lot from the sale, of rejecting any bid at the sale or written, of cancelling any knocking-down in case of dispute.
- Those who will view the lots on the days scheduled for the auction are liable for any damage they may cause to the lots.
- The Vendor will have full right to ask unwelcome people and those who disturb the auction sale to leave the auction room without giving any reason.
- The joining of lots will not be possible (the live bidding system does not allow this procedure).
- Those who will send their bids, even on behalf of other Customers (agents), will abide in full by the Terms of Sale herewith, answering for the purchase in full.
- The court indicated in the Consumer Code shall have jurisdiction in the event of any disagreement. ×
Decree Law 196/2003 (+ updates) and EU Regulation 2016/679
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) fully in force from 25.5.2018
Data controller is Vaccari S.r.l. - Via M.Buonarroti, 46 - 41058 Vignola (Mo) - Italy - firstname.lastname@example.org
Source of personal data
The personal information Vaccari S.r.l. are in possession of are gathered directly from the subjects and people concerned, through lists and from deeds, acts and records anyone may check in respect of law regulations.
Our aim when dealing with personal data
1. All personal data are gathered in order to provide the company with the information necessary to carry out the relevant professional activity and particularly to fulfil the professional obligations as far as the subjects and people involved are concerned, and to accomplish of any law obligation. The purpose of the processing is related to the request of the interested party (participation in auctions, product orders, subscriptions, newsletter subscriptions, ...); failure to consent to the processing of personal data for such purposes will make it impossible for Vaccari S.r.l. to process requests.
2. Personal data are also collected for sending, upon request and/or express consent, sale catalogues, commercial information, initiatives, advertising material. The consent to the processing of personal data for marketing purposes is optional and the lack of consent does not imply any consequence on the treatment for the other purposes mentioned at point 1.
The way we deal with personal data
All personal data will be handled using files and papers in order to record, handle and transfer the data, following the aims mentioned above and the modalities to grant their maximum security and privacy.
Personal data will be kept for the period of time allowed by law and by the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Commissioner, in relation to each treatment purpose, to comply with legal and/or tax obligations and to maintain evidence of respective rights and obligations.
Rights of the subjects and people involved
All subjects involved can particularly ask those in possess of their personal data, or presumably so, to certify their existence and to have access to them clearly and specifically. Those involved can furthermore ask to get to know how their personal data were traced back as well as how, and to what aim, they will be processed. They may also ask to update them, to rectify them or integrate them, or to erase any information that might have been used illegally.
They may also ask to know the identity of the people in charge of the handling and of those their personal data may be transferred to.
They may request their personal data to be removed at any time and they have the right to withdraw their consent at any time.
People with whom your personal data may be shared
All personal data may be sent forth and made known, in Italy and abroad, to the following bodies and organisations:
People in charge inside the company; Providers; Shipping Agents and the Italian Post Offices (E.P.I.) so as to be able to forward goods; Banks, Bank-Service Companies and the Italian Post offices to make payments; Consultant Associations carrying out particular services (legal, fiscal and commercial activities) on Vaccari S.r.l. behalf.
In order to offer their services, Vaccari S.r.l. utilize a technology called «cookie».
Cookies are small strings of text that the sites visited by users send to the user’s browser where they are stored to be sent back the next time the user visits that site.
Vaccari S.r.l. only use technical cookies and especially session or surfing cookies and function cookies.
Session or surfing cookies grant the regular surfing and use of the site. Function cookies allow users to surf according to selected criteria.
Vaccari S.r.l. do not use either profile cookies to pack personal information, or tracking systems.
Users may disable surfing and function cookies; however, this might cause the site bad running.×