Tel. ++41 (0)71 385 85 66
Fax ++41 (071) 385 97 36
We are one of Europe's leading auction houses. Our regular major auction sales include a large selection of classic and modern rarities as well as important collections. We will help and consult you for in all philatelic questions. Experience over decades and absolute discretion.
Online Live Bidding in Chiani-Auction
Chiani-Auction automatically grants you a bid limit of CHF 20'000. If you know in advance that this standard bid limit will be insufficient for your bids, please let us know in due time.
Information on the Placement of Online Live Bids
Chiani-Auction offers you the opportunity to place your bids live through the world wide web wherever you are. Bid live, even from afar, as if you were sitting in the auction room. All you need for participation is a web access and a JAVA-capable computer. If this is the first time you intend to place online live bids in an auction, we suggest that you use the simulator to get used to the system. You can enter the simulator, after you checked your system. (Just follow the yellow arrow further down)
When you register for the live auction, we will check automatically if your computer fullfills all technical requirements. (Cookies need to be activated and java must be installed)
Online Live Bidding - Step by Step
1. Before you actually start online live bidding, get acquainted with the system and the way it works. We recommend a short practice session with the simulator on this site.
2. Register for participation and assign yourself a user name and a password. Please also communicate to us the number(s) of the lot(s) or the range of lots you intend to bid for. Registration must be effected one day before the auction commences. For later registrations, access cannot be guaranteed. Your registration must be approved, and access to the bidding system must be authorized by Chiani-Auction. Therefore, you will receive an e-mail confirmation in due course, which must be re-confirmed by you. Please register only once for the auction.
3. Upon confirmation, each online live bidder will be granted a bid limit of CHF 20'000. If you wish to raise that limit, please send us an e-mail accordingly. That new bid limit is also subject to approval and confirmation through e-mail.
4. Your computer must be active in time for the scheduled auction dates and times. Please take possible time differences into account. Insert your user name and password to register for actual participation in the auction.
5. Each auction lot will be called out and auctioned individually in the auction room.
6. As soon as "your" lot is up for auction and displayed on your computer screen, press the "BID" button. This sends a signal to the auction room indicating your interest in placing an online live bid.
7. GOING, GOING, GONE will be sequentially displayed on the computer screen. As soon as you see the first GOING, you must send your bid.
8. If several internet bids are placed simultaneously, only the one received first will be shown. Should your bid not be the first one, it won't be shown on your screen. You then would have to place a new, higher bid immediately.
9. The full GOING, GOING, GONE display indicates that the respective lot has been knocked down to a floor, phone or internet bidder. If your bid is shown on the screen then - congratulations, you won the lot!
Just in Case
For the unlikely case that there will be any technical or other problems during the auction, make sure to have your phone number registered beforehand. This enables us to give you a call during the auction, if necessary.
If you experience any problem on your side during the auction, please give us a call on ++41-71-385 23 36
Terms of Auction
1 The auction will be conducted in Swiss francs, against immediate cash payment. Foreign currencies will be accepted at current rates of exchange or as credited by cheque drawn on a major Swiss bank. The date of receipt or of crediting shall be valid.
2 Each lot is awarded to the highest bidder. In addition to the bidding price a commission of 20 % is invoiced. Furthermore, bids are subject to the Swiss value added tax of 8% and this percentage is levied on all final invoice amounts (bidding price, commission, postal and insurance charges) except for lots directly dispatched abroad by Chiani auctions. To buyers resident outside Switzerland who are personally exporting the lots purchased the Swiss value added tax is refunded if they submit a valid export declaration legally stamped by the Swiss customs authorities. If payment is overdue, a surcharge of 5% will be charged plus interest at the rate of 1% per month.
3 The knock-down price obliges purchase of the goods. Beneficial ownership of all lots knocked down shall be retained and is only transferred to the Buyer on payment of the total purchase price, the risk however commences with the knock-down. Bidders present at the auctions are personally liable for misuse of their bidder-card by third parties.
4 The Auctioneer reserves the right to deviate from the sequence, to withdraw, regroup, divide or refuse to knock down any lot. In the event of identical bids, the first one received will take precedence and in case of a misunderstanding the lot shall be auctioned again.
5 The lots are described conscientiously and with great care. The descriptions do not however constitute any particular guarantee. Any and all claims are to be made in writing at the latest three days after receipt of the goods. The lots in dispute must be returned unchanged and in their original condition of take-away. Complaints will be refused if the stamps have been altered.
6 The Auctioneer is personally liable for the authenticity of all single lots sold for a period of five years subsequent to the knock-down. In the event of a complaint concerning authenticity proof of any forgery must be furnished by means of a certificate from a competent, recognized expert for the respective specialty area. The cost of a re-expertise shall be borne by the Buyer. However, in the event of a justified complaint, such costs shall be borne by the Seller. In the case of expertised stamps, the Buyer shall accept as binding the certificates and certification marks referred to in the lot descriptions, in particular also with regard to the authenticity and the quality of the lots; the Buyer shall likewise accept the integrity of the certificates with regard to their content. Any other liability on the part of the Auctioneer is excluded. Extensions by a prospective buyer must be received by the Auctioneer in writing at least five days prior to the day of the auction. This written notice must give the reason why an extension is required and the expert from whom an opinion is to be sought (subject to the Auctioneer’s consent). All extensions must be cleared within 20 days of the auction, subsequent to which the right of return is forfeited.
7 For photographed stamps the reproduction is the criteria for margins, perforations and cancellations etc. Collections, accumulations and lots which comprise three or more stamps and are not separately described, cannot be subject to complaints, i.e. any liability is excluded. A Buyer who is in arrears with payment shall have no right of complaint. All lots may be examined before and during the auction at times stated in the catalogue. On request mail bidders will receive precise information regarding content and condition of the lot as well as photocopies of certificates.
8 The lots will be handed over after full payment of the auction invoice. The privately insured lots are sent to the Buyer by the Auctioneer, by mail or by other means of dispatch, at the expense of the Seller. Compliance with foreign customs and currency regulations is the Buyer’s responsibility.
9 Selling price plus commission are to be paid immediately by personal bidders. For written bids payment is due five days after receipt of pre-invoice. Customers personally known to us will receive the lots together with the invoice. An extension of the date of payment can be arranged upon written request with appropriate references. Such special arrangements have to be agreed upon in writing, prior to the auction. Bidders on behalf of third parties are jointly and severally liable debtors. Upon delay of payment the Auctioneer reserves the right to sue for payment or to cancel the sale and to dispose of the lots elsewhere, without notifying the Buyer. Any price difference resulting therefrom will be charged to the Buyer. In such a case, the Auctioneer is not obliged to deliver, however the Buyer is obliged to accept the purchase.
10 Written orders are handled by the auction firm conscientiously and in the bidder’s best interests, but without liability. By handing in a bid or purchase order all terms of auction are accepted unconditionally. ‘Bids at best’ will be considered up to a multiple of ten times the starting price. The Auctioneer reserves the right to exclude persons from the auction without giving a reason.
11 Claims for damages against the Auctioneer for delay, non-performance, positive infringement of contract, fault in breach of contract are not permissible unless the damage was caused deliberately or through gross negligence.
12 The auction is held under the supervision of the town council of Gossau as the cooperating official government authority. The participating head of council, the council and the country refuse any liability.
13 In the event of a dispute the Law Courts of Gossau SG shall have jurisdiction. The Auctioneer however reserves the right to sue a debtor at his place of residence. The auction is solely subject to Swiss law. The German original text shall be authoritative in the interpretation of the present Terms of Auction.
Nachnahme, Euro-Schecks, US-$ Schecks, Überweisung